Bronx REACH CHAMPS - Worksite Wellness
Bronx REACH CHAMPS aims to help employers create and foster a healthy work environment by promoting healthier lifestyles to their employees and reducing their risk for chronic disease. Become a Health Champion for your office!
The guidelines below help your organization serve healthy foods and beverages at meetings, trainings, parties, potlucks or other gatherings.
MAKING THE HEALTHY CHOICE THE EASY CHOICE
Make Healthy Beverages Available at Meetings and Beverage Vending Machines
* Serve tap water every time you serve food and/or beverages.
* If serving milk, serve 1% or non-fat and plain, unsweetened milk, unless you are serving milk as a condiment (e.g. milk for coffee).
* If serving 100% fruit juice, serve in 6-ounce cups or juice boxes.
* If serving other beverage options, choose low-calorie beverages.
o Low-calorie beverages contain 25 calories or less per 8 ounces.
Make Healthy Snack options available at food vending machines
Make Healthy Food Options Available at Meetings and Special Events
* Serve vegetables and/or fruits when meals or snacks are served.
* When grains are served, provide a whole-grain option (e.g. brown rice, whole wheat sliced bread, wraps or bagels, or whole wheat pasta).
* If serving yogurt, serve low-fat, plain yogurt.
* Do not serve fried foods (e.g. potato chips and French fries).
* If providing breakfast breads or sandwiches, cut in halves or quarters.
* If providing sweets, other than fruit, provide one small portion per person.